Friday, February 11, 2011

Adam's Adaptation (teaser)



INT. ADAM’S BEDROOM- NIGHT
A can of Wintergreen Skoal Long cut sits on the table.
JACOB
Say boy you got a dip in there. After you just did a cannon ball. Are you trying to corner that wolverine.
Adam unwraps a box of “Popeyes Chicken”.
ADAM
No boy. This is a man’s can. Read the label... Wintergreen Skoal Long
cut.
Adam displays fried food.
JACOB
God Damn boy you got some golden nugz right there.
ADAM
Now you going to dip and eat at the same time.
JACOB
I’m going to do that and cannon ball this another time because right no I’m a man. Plus I’m going to show you how to write a screenplay.
ADAM
OK now. You sound like ric flair.
JACOB
I got it. Real men stay up.
Clip of Ric flair plays on Adam’s laptop
ADAM
Let’s have one character be like that sort of dominant monkey.
JACOB
Yeah we can make the one roommate who is all obsessed with conspiracy theories
JACOB (CONT’D)
Alright, excuse me it looks like you have upgraded from the longhorn.
ADAM
I think you should get you a pinch and be a man.
JACOB
You can keep your brain washed kitty litter to yourself. I’ll stick to my Jesus.
Jacob holds up his weed.
ADAM
Well now boy you have to let the little green men guide your thoughts. Let you know what’s wrong and right.
JACOB
I could picture someone taking out a magnifying glass and looking at a bowl of Crystals hanging off some Al Green.
ADAM
Dude that’s perfect we will put that in the screenplay. Is there some way you could put like some special effects in where Green martians are dancing on the top of the neon green leaves.
JACOB
Yeah dude there are editting programs that can do that. I will just youtube a video that shows you how.
ADAM
Ok cuz that’s badass.
Adam is laying down on the bed.
JACOB
Boy did you take that liper out already.
ADAM
I think that we should have these two bums say they collect trash. Let’s have those two guys get a slum one room apartment together.
JACOB
Like about two guys that are trying to write a screenplay. Yes the more they think about it the more the characters they are writing about actually start to control their ego.
ADAM
Like Heath Ledger in Batman.
JACOB
They will embody the ones they write about.
ADAM
The writer becomes the story.
JACOB
So it should start with two guys sitting at a laptop.
ADAM
They are thinking of the begging of their screenplay.
JACOB
Which we will just use the one we discussed about reversing the motifs and alluding to the plot to Odd couple
ADAM
I don’t remember us talking about that but yeah whatever I like that,.
JACOB
Yeah trust me this will be like a revision of.
ADAM
Dam boy this ranch is good.
JACOB
I was thinking about having my character in the script and yours both runners for Windows of the world. That restaurant that was on top of the trade towers. That was in 2001.
ADAM
Boy take a look here. Hello you remember this little guy don’t you?
Adam pulls out his can of beer.
ADAM (CONT’D)
High gravity beer. It’s ten times cheaper and half the price of that cat piss mexican beer.
JACOB
That’s a man’s beer.
ADAM
Here is a song form 2001.
JACOB
This is a cool video from the top of the world trade towers.
ADAM
What’s this guy saying Abudha bob a cheello. Mama chello..
Adam attempts singing the lyrics of a song.
JACOB
I wonder if we have deid before. It’s got to be like telling yourself, I’m about to die God take me away from here.
ADAM
What brought that on?
JACOB
I was thinking about what it would be like to b stuck in the stairwell of the north tower as it was coming down. Having all your bones crushed. It’s got to be like going to sleep and entering a dream. It’s the only way your mind can forget about the pain.
ADAM
This is a sad song from 2001.
EXT. ENTRANCE WORLD TRADE TOWERS- DAY
Jacob stands at ground zero. He puts his hand on a fence.
JACOB
Sun comes up a beautiful day in march of 2000. Jacob heads up to the top of the world trade tower for another normal day at work.
Elevator dings at floor 92 people get out and Jacob stays on.
CONSTRUCTION WORKER
I’m taking this to the top. Where you getting off.
JACOB
Hundred and two.
CONSTRUCTION WORKER
You ever been to the very top.
JACOB
No.
CONSTRUCTION WORKER
You want to?
JACOB
Sure.
ADAM (O.S.)
You you tiger that yet?
INT. ADAM’S BEDROOM- NIGHT
ADAM
Go ahead now.
Adam holds out a red pipe full of weed.
JACOB
I’m writing about my character taking the elevator up to work and he meets a construction worker that takes him up to the very top of the North Tower.
Adam yawns and lays on the bed.
ADAM
That’s cool what time is it? I got head out at five.
JACOB
It’s only twelve fifty one.
INT. WORLD TRADE TOWER ELEVATOR- DAY
DING! Jacob walks out the elevator and enjoys his view from the top.
JACOB
Wow it’s nice.
CONSTRUCTION WORKER
Some kind of view.
JACOB
I wonder what it would be like to jump off?
CONSTRUCTION WORKER
You got a parachute.
Jacob is singing.
JACOB
Yeah right. Jumping like it used to..
CONSTRUCTION WORKER
What?
JACOB
You shouldn't be listening to that.
ADAM (O.S.)
Let it burn boy.
INT. ADAM’S BEDROOM- NIGHT
Leans up off the bed Jacob is still sitting at the desk typing.
ADAM
Yeah write that down how you grab for the pipe.
JACOB
Our character meet as runners at work but, they go to bars and kick it after work. That’s where you meet Courtney. That’s how we could introduce her character.
ADAM
Let me read that. I want to practice my character.
JACOB
Writing is very strenuous. You have to sit in one place and focus on taping little keys. I can’t even finish this sentence I have to lay down.
INT. BEAUTY BAR- NIGHT 2000
Jacob and Adam walk in the bar.
ADAM
Be lallaa. Just like a dream, never what it seem.
JACOB
Good song.
ADAM
We are into the nineties now boy. I like to time travel when I smoke.
Looks at a woman approaching the two guys.
JACOB
Who’s that?
ADAM
That’s Jules.
Jules, an older English woman wearing a fur coat and red lipstick.
JULES
Darling how and you. Darling I just got back from Miami and I had so much sex my pussy is sore. Where’s toto? Have you seen Toto Darling.
ADAM
He’s by the bar.
JULES
Toto!
Jacob looks at Adam.
JACOB
Who is Toto?
ADAM
Promoter for the bar.
Jules walks over to the bar.
ADAM (CONT’D)
One day he said Adam, can I fuck you?
JACOB
What?
ADAM
His girlfriend sucked my dick in the bathroom and nobody ever found out.
INT. ADAM’S BEDROOM- NIGHT
ADAM
Your right it was a controlled demolition dude. Because look they fell this way.
Adam shows a clip of a demolition of a building on his laptop.
JACOB
Yeah well, there were three that fell. Nobody really talks about that. The third one was’nt even hit.
ADAM
Dude, look at this two drinks ago you could have gotten yourself home. They bumps ago you would’nt have done this. Oh these people did there own. Two drinks ago you werent getting lucky.
They luagh.
ADAM (CONT’D)
Two drinks ago you would’nt have touched taco bell. Oh shit its Courtney's picture. Two weeks ago you would’nt of had sex for fifteen dollars. I got to send her that. That’s her meth picture they just photo copied it.
JACOB
I was just about to introduce her into the script.
Adam goes to the restroom and urinates loudly.
ADAM
Maybe this is cashed.
Adam reaches fro the pipe.
ADAM (CONT’D)
Two weeks ago sex for fifteen dollars was’nt normal.
ADAM (CONT’D)
Maybe she did know about. No she did’nt there is no way.
JACOB
Quit trying to convince yourself she’s not a whore.
Adam turns up the music. Jacob types.
INT. BEAUTY BAR- NIGHT 200
Adam looks across the bar at courntey.
JACOB
So what did Courtney say when she first met you.
ADAM (O.S.)
I don’t know man I was coked up.
Adam walks out of the restroom touching his nose.
JACOB
Hand me the fucking bag.
Long skinny scraggly bar back walks up to Jacob and Adam.
BAR BACK
Chill out guys cuz, it’s pretty obvious that you guys are just going into the bathrooms to get high. You have been in that stall five times in the past thirty minutes. I’m just saying chill cuz, you never know if there are any D’s in here.
Bar back walks outside to smoke.
JACOB
What the fuck is his problem.
ADAM
Dude I think we should go.
COURNTEY
Hey can I hang out with you guys.
She stares at Adam.
ADAM
Yeah sure.
JACOB
What’s up brok.
BROK
Hey guys try and tip better that you did last time these are only two dollar drinks.
JACOB
Dude fuck this place man lets go.
Adam looks at courtney.
ADAM
I thnk we are about to go to another bar. You want to go.
RING! Adam Picks up his phone.
INT. ADAM’S BEDROOM- NIGHT
ADAM
Yeah I’ll find the forum and send that link to you. Yeah I’m finding that uhh. Two drinks ago link that I found. Ok here it is.
Jacob continues typing as Adam scans his laptop.
INT. BEAUTY BAR- NIGHT 2000
JACOB
Let’s walk down to good bye blue monday.
ADAM
You want to go with us. We are heading down to this other bar. It’s just a few blocks down Broadway.
COURNTEY
Sure.
The three walk out of the bar.
INT. ADAM’S BEDROOM- NIGHT
ADAM
OK well me and Jacob are about to get some food. Hello.
Jacob gets up from the laptop and puts on his coat.
ADAM (CONT’D)
Courtney hello. Hello...
Puase Courtneys voice.
ADAM (CONT’D)
Ok bye.
JACOB
Lets just get some rolls. They are only three bucks. That’s the way you do it boy turkey and swiss everday. That will make you a man.
ADAM
It’s like that rittelen is given her a bigger ego.
JACOB
Ofcourse, bro its legal meth that’s what they used to shoot hitler up with. Keeps you focused, and makes your hair fall out. Did you notice that. Her hair was kinda thin.
ADAM
Yeah.
EXT. BROADWAY- NIGHT
Jacob and Adam walk down the street.
JACOB
I think my character should have some kind of clue or fore warning about the Tower coming down.
ADAM
Yeah like foreshadowing.
Adam’s phone rings.
ADAM (CONT’D)
Hello. You are, Yeah Jacob’s over here we are working on a screenplay if that’s ok with you.
JACOB
If that’s ok with you? What the fuck is that.
ADAM
Courtney said she was going to stop by later.
JACOB
Ok.
INT. DELI- NIGHT
An elderly arabic man walks out the back of the deli.
ARABIC MAN
Alah!
ADAM
Just get me whatever you get. I just want the same.
JACOB
Yeah can I get two rolls with turkey, swiss, lettuce tomatoe, mayo, mustard and onions and pickles if you have any.
ARABIC MAN
Onions pickles. Alah!
JACOB
Damn boy I did’nt know they had these flavor chips. Hot wings and jalapeno cheese.
ADAM
Get’em, boy we got enough I brought two dollars in quarters.
ARABIC MAN
You want pickles fifty cent extra.
JACOB
Never mind then forget the pickles but, I still want the onions
ARABIC MAN
Onions, Alah.
Hands Jacob the sandwiches and they pay.
CASHIER
Eight dollars.
Adams hands Jacob some quarters.
EXT. DELI- NIGHT
They walk out of the deli down to Broadway.
JACOB
I don’t know maybe these three characters can go bar hoping around our usual spots.
ADAM
Yeah, like make it based around where we live film it here in Bushwick at.
ADAM (CONT’D)
Yeah. Look at that.
Woman in full Berka Islamic body and face dress.
ADAM (CONT’D)
You can’t even see her eyes.
JACOB
Looks like a fucking Halloween costume.
ADAM
Strange you don’t see alot of them around here.
JACOB
She had on the full burka. I kinda of like the way they treat women. It puts them in there place. Our society makes them think they are sex objects and we put pussy on a pedastool and teach our women to be whores. Yeah you can’t really blame the terrorist for doing what they do.
JACOB (CONT’D)
She’s going into a Pizza place. That’s got to be awkward for you. She is the center of attention everywhere but home.

ADAM
People think she is going to blow up the place when she walks in.
JACOB
That’s just society and state run media brain washing you. Your more likely to get stung by a bee then struck by a terrorist.
ADAM
I bet they make those outfits themselves.
INT. ADAM’S BEDROOM- NIGHT
Jacob unwraps the sandwich and Adam walks into the restroom.
JACOB
Well now boy your looks bigger than mine we might have to trade halves.
Jacob unwraps the sandwiches and inspects them.
JACOB (CONT’D)
Mine is the one with onion now let me make sure they are the same.
I what if someone invaded your land killed children and neighbors. You’d be pretty pissed off enough to kill someone.
JACOB (CONT’D)
These cheeto’s are good.
ADAM
Best deal for your buck boy.
The two finish their sandwich.
ADAM (CONT’D)
I’m just going to lay down here until it’s time to get my check cash on.
Adam closes his eyes as Jacob types persistently.
JACOB
I’m almost getting to the point where Courtney goes nuts forcing Jacob to correct here and teach Adam how to be a man. So, we where all at Good Bye Blue Monday and Courtney is taking shots on Ritalin.
Adam Laughing.
ADAM
Remember that bartender there kept giving us free drinks. You should write that into the script.
INT. GOOD BYE BLUE MONDAY- NIGHT 2000
A gay black man wearing a wig serves Jacob Adam and Courtney rounds of shots.
ADAM
Oh yeah wow. That’s good Tequila.
Jacob and Courtney cringe after taking there shots. Adam answers his phone.
JACOB
Yeah we’re at Beauty Bar. I mean Good Bye Blue Monday. Yeah in Brooklyn. Ok. Bring some devil if you can.
Hangs up his phone.
ADAM
Billy is on his way. He will be here in like fifteen minutes.
Courtney smiles at Adam.
JACOB
Another drink.
BARTENDER
Sure.











(CONT’D)
(CONT’D)






No comments: