Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chickinawa Summer (as of wend sept. 23 6:56 AM)























EXT. LAKE LIVING- DAY
Johny is sitting on a canoe with a lifeguard float across his lap. Little Raphael walks up behind him and sits on the other side of the canoe.
JOHNY
What’s up squirt?
LITTLE RAPHEAL
Johny do you believe everything in the bible is true.
Johny looks out at the calm lake water then back out
JOHNY
It could be.
LITTLE RAPHEAL
But, do you think it is?
JOHNY
The bible is a great book to live your life by I just don’t think everything in it is a fact. Did you know that the New Testament was written hundreds of years after the death of Christ.
LITTLE RAPHEAL
Christ came back from the dead didn't he Johny?
JOHNY
That’s what the bible says.
LITTLE RAPHEAL
That’s horse shit nobody comes back from the dead.
JOHNY
It’s the moral your looking for and that’s that everyone can bounce back from anything.
LITTLE RAPHEAL
Do you believe in heaven?
JOHNY
I’d like to believe in something.

LITTLE RAPHEAL
My dad told me they call it a religion if its hard to believe. Johny do you believe in heaven and hell?
JOHNY
Well, I guess I see myself coming back to make life better for people.
LITTLE RAPHEAL
That’s reincarnation. Are you a Buddhist?
JOHNY
I’m a spiritual person.
LITTLE RAPHEAL
Can I tell you a secret Johny.
Little Raphael begins to cry.
LITTLE RAPHEAL
Promise me you won’t tell anybody.
JOHNY
Yeah sure budy. What’s wrong?
Johny puts his arm around little billy and hugs.
JOHNY
It’s ok. You don’t have to tell me.
LITTLE RAPHEAL
My dad hits me and my little brother.
JOHNY
How does he hit you?
LITTLE RAPHEAL
He hits me on the head real hard for no reason.
Little Raphael is shaking and trying to control the tears streaming down his face.
JOHNY
Don’t worry buddy it will be ok.
INT. CODY’S OFFICE- MORNING
Codey is standing in the office doorway drinking a mug of coffee and passing out candy to people walking by his office.
CODY FUR
Hey Johny how about a fireball.
JOHNY
No thanks. Cody can I talk to you about something in private?
CODY FUR
Sure, go ahead and have a seat.
Johny sits down.
CODY FUR
What is it?
JOHNY
Lil Ralpheal told me not to say anything but, i think it is in his best interest if I do.
Johny pauses and looks to the floor.
CODY FUR
Go on Johny what’s the matter.
JOHNY
He says his father abuses him.
Cody takes a deep breath.
CODY FUR
He does this every year. Somebody should have told about this. Listen Johny. Lil Ralpheal is kinda retarded. He likes to make things up to get peoples attention.
JOHNY
I don’t think he was making it up. I believe him.
CODY FUR
Johny don’t get sucked into some little boys lies. I know his father and he wouldn't harm a fly. Why don’t you take the night off. Get a break from these kids and there wild stories. Lil Ralpheal will be fine just trust me.
JOHNY
Your full of shit Cody.
CODY FUR
What did you say?
JOHNY
I know when some one is fibbing and when they are pouring out there heart to me. You may know this guy but I don’t.
CODY FUR
Hey! Cool your ass off. Now I gave you the night off so just take the these keys...
Cody passes the keys to the Ski Nuatique to Johny.
CODY FUR
Take her for a spin tonight. I’ll call his dad and schedule a meeting.
Johny looks at the keys in his hands. Cody spits out his gum and opens another one. Johny walks out of Cody’s office as he stares a hole through Johny’s back.
EXT. FRONT OF THE CAFETERIA- DAY
Bam is eating a giant sandwich watching Crystal talk to a group of young girls. He looks at a face of a young girl and is suddenly transported back in time lost in his memory.
EXT. TRAIL TO LAKE- DAY (10 YEARS AGO)
A young boy runs down a trail chasing a young girl. The young girl stops and screams. A mean copperhead is wrapped around it’s eggs. Two blood lines of blood leak out holes in Crystals calve.
CRYSTAL
Ow!
She collapses beside the snake and Bam runs up to Crystal he watches the snake raise up at them. He picks up a stick and hits the snakes head knocking it back.
CRYSTAL
Help me.
He drags her away then puts his mouth on her calf and starts to suck on the bite. She begins to cry.
CRYSTAL
It hurts.

BAM
I got you.
Bam picks up the girl and runs with her in his arms up the trail. Covered in sweat and exhausted the young Bam approaches a Cabin with Crystal in his arms.
He sits her down gently and runs into the cabin.
EXT. CAMP DANCE- NIGHT
The two young kids dance together and Crystal lays her head on Bam’s shoulder. Slowly the age as they dance together.
EXT. FRONT OF CAFETERIA- DAY
Bam is looking at the scare on Crystals leg and she looks over at him.
CRYSTAL
Ok. Girls go ahead and start your warm up and I’ll be right back.
Crystal walks over to Bam.
BAM
Too bad you don’t have the night off I was thinking of getting a movie and fast food.
CRYSTAL
Uhm. Sounds good.
BAM
Listen, I don’t know what you are thinking but, I think you are my girlfriend.
CRYSTAL
I thought that too.
BAM
Can I ask you a question?
CRYSTAL
Sure.
BAM
Do you and Johny have something going on.
CRYSTAL
No, he’s just good friend.
BAM
Sorry I just wanted to ask you.
Johny walks out from the bottom of the O-Dome and Crystal watches him walk across the soccer field.





No comments: